So, I'm still alive. Sorry, doing my usual "Do a bunch of stuff then drop off the face of the earth for months" thing that I do. I know it's annoying, but I appreciate anyone who keeps up for putting up with it.
I finally got some new medicine to fix my head, so yay! I feel a lot better lately. The downside? It makes me ridiculously tired. Like: I never drank coffee until I started taking this medicine. Need the stuff to wake up in the morning. It's terrible, but hey, gotta do what gotta do.
The Good: I got promoted this week! That's right! No longer am I a basic level 1 agent for Telenetwork, Inc. I am now officially a Level 2 agent in training. Basically, I'll be a supervisor when all is said and done. It's a lot more work, for not a lot more pay, but it's upward movement and I am all about that upward movement. Works out pretty well for the friends who helped me land the job too. Only six months and already kicking ass and taking names
So that was exciting. Just found out after being sick for two days. Whoops.
Finally started playing Doom 3. Yeah, I know, I'm really behind the times here. Played Doom 1 off and on over the last year (REALLY BEHIND THE TIMES) and finally finished Episode 3. I know there's a fourth episode, but that shit is just way too hard for me. So fuck that, moved on to Doom 2 and Doom 3. Loving the feel of the third. It's legitimately one of the scariest games I've played. Yeah, power fantasy galore, but the atmosphere and the way it handles surround-sound audio is just fantastic. Very excited about Doom 4 now.
Life is Strange. Finally played through the first three episodes of this game and I AM DEVASTATED. This game is incredible, and I have felt more emotions than I thought I could feel in just a few short hours. It may still be on the Steam summer sale, but I highly, highly recommend picking up this game. The new episode will be out in July, and I plan to set up a schedule for a Let's Play series. So if you don't want to play yourself, be sure to check back for details on that.
So, as far as my writing projects go, for anyone interested, I've adjusted my focus and have settled on five things:
1) Map of the Problematique - You probably saw this one coming. This is still my baby, and it's still my pride and joy. I'm going to finish Dreams of an Absolution soonish. We're very, very near the endgame and there are some really sick twists coming up. If you've been following this one...well let's just say this story isn't out of surprises yet. Every day I get a clearer picture of where it's going and it surprises even me with just how many big moments are still to come.
2) Suteki da Ne - I haven't forgotten, or given up, on this story yet. I love this story, I love this show, shoot me. This will be completed, I swear to god. It's honestly not even a very long story. There are...four more aspects of Akuma to come, along with the final confrontation with Akuma himself. Not to mention the romance between Momoko and Akuma. The seeds have been sown, but it's not blooming yet. Don't worry, though, it'll come and it'll be as adorable as you imagine it might be.
3) Immortals - My newest baby, this is an idea I've worked on for YEARS now, and am finally putting into action. For those who don't know, this is an alternate universe based upon the Super Zeroes episode. Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup are no longer related, teenagers, and becoming heroes on their own in a much grittier, more comic-book feeling world. There aren't world eaters and planet busters like Map, but you will see car chases, police investigations, mafia-esque crime sprees, and secret government projects galore. This one is only just beginning. I've finished the introductions of the three protagonists and the next chapter will be starting on the first storyline (The Heroes of Townsville - How the three came to be, and how they meet). There will be a lot of emotional twists and turns, lots of action, and even some romance coming pretty soon. So keep an eye on this one: I think it has the makings of something awesome.
1) Co-Writing with a Friend - I have a friend who is now officially a published author! He's working on the second and third books in his series, and, being the asshole I am, have offered and been accepted to help him out. We're still going through his second book, but it will be done within the month and expect to see it sometime later this year. I'll keep you posted on more details, but this could be big.
2) The Wicked Willow - Late one night, a young woman wakes up in an abandoned diner. She doesn't have a name, she doesn't know how she got there. As she finds her way out and into the city, her journey through the night will lead her to discovering just who she is, and why she's being followed.
This is a short story that I am working on and...if all goes according to plan...make have published? Let me know if it sounds interesting. I've been working on it for a couple years now and I'm finally putting it to use. Leave a comment if it sounds interesting at all.
That's the gist of what's going on right now. As always, my wife and I are playing Heroes of the Storm, the new hero brawler released by Blizzard just a couple weeks ago. It's amazing fun and free to play, so I encourage anyone even remotely interested to give it a try. And hey, if you wanna hit me up, I'm down to play most days. Akublossom#1812. Just let me know who you are and we can lose some games together!
Have a great one,